Sunday, August 14, 2011

Xbox Love


I fell in love with a man I play COD Zombies with. By fall in love I mean, I genuinely enjoy his company and friendship as we mow down wave after wave of Nazi Zombies. Every time I get on Xbox Live, I check to see if he is on and, yay!, if he is I send him an invite. If he’s already in a game, he leaves it to play with me. Why? We are just an excellent team. We have enough of the same mindset that we do not argue over strategy, but develop it and each other’s COD skill with each game. We can go 10-20 minutes without speaking (an ETERNITY in zombies) because we understand each other so well we do not need to communicate what we are doing, if we are in trouble, or .. you know other stuff. 
(at this point, if you think I’m nuts stfu and gtfo xbox live is a way of LYFE)
So I started telling some of my gfs that I am in love with this guy on xbox live. When he messages me or when we play I SQUEE a little because I just enjoy his company and MAN I have been on some shitty dates lately. I try to explain “its just nice to be around a guy who will sacrifice all of his monkey grenades to make sure you get juggernog right away after you go down.” Man, thats loyalty and teamwork right there. 
Maybe some of them judge me. 
But honestly, I feel like I have redeemed recent shallowness to myself. He could be 45, bald, gross, …. blonde,….  whatever…. but I love talking to this man. No matter what he looks like, I deeply and sincerely appreciate who he is and our time playing xbox live together. Yeah, I have NO idea what he looks like. I have no idea what his life is like outside out Zombies. I just cannot shake the amazing feeling of connecting with someone so different than I.  
So when people judge me for making dates to play xbox with a man I barely know…. I do not even care. I get to spend a few hours playing a game I love with someone I love playing with. Life is pret-ty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment